[0.16.51] Rocket Count UI not showing.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
thempc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Rocket Count UI not showing.

Post by thempc »

Hi all,

The usual: Hope it's not a dupe, searched around but couldn't find anything.

Issue at hand: The UI for checking how many rockets the current map has launched is broken for a specific save game, somehow.
When I press the UI button in the upper left corner it gives the button click sound and UI feedback, but nothing happens.

What I would expect to happen is the UI to expand and show how many rockets have been launched so far.

I'm not 100% on how to reproduce this, but this save has been around for a bit, over multiple versions of 0.15 and 0.16.
Other things I can think of is that we launched about 100 rockets in our original base, then relocated and while relocating tore down the old base with robots, and now the base does about 1 RPM for the last day or so, but there was a point in the game where there were no silo's present, while they were there before.

I have an older save of the same game (before tearing down the old silos), which does correctly show the launch count, not sure if that helps much.

I tried to upload the save, but it's 108mb so here's a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m92jtbyksjjmg ... e.zip?dl=1

And here a screenshot of the button in question (upper left button):
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1495 times

I'm now going back into the old save and try to repro it, but until then this is all I've got.
Edit: Going into the old save, and removing & re-adding the silo doesn't do much.

Edit 2: Some additional info, this is not just local to my machine afaik, my buddy which I made this with also has the issue, and I happened to have reinstalled my PC yesterday, which didn't solve it (issue persisting for a few weeks now).

Cheers,
TheMPC
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Rocket Count UI not showing.

Post by Klonan »

Your save is missing the control.lua file

All you will need to do is to copy the control.lua into the save game folder:
control.lua
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
And then it should work

thempc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thempc »

Thanks!

With the save game folder you mean "AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves"?
I did just copy the lua file into there and launched the save, but that didn't do much.

thempc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thempc »

Nevermind figured it out, opening the .zip file and adding the lua file into the folder inside the .zip worked fine.

Still weird how the save file managed to bug out and not have that control.lua file anymore.

Return to “Technical Help”