Error Code 01

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mythos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error Code 01

Post by Mythos »

Just bought the game not long ago on Steam. I do not have any mods or have ever downloaded any. My game keeps crashing on launch and giving me an Error Code 01. I tried looking online for solutions...I have tried:

1) Uninstalling game and reinstall
2) Verify Game Integrity
3) Forcing my Nvidia to use my graphics card (1050TI)
4) Running Launch Options (such as --force-d3d, --force-opengl)

I'm pretty much stuck at this point...going to attach a log file. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Error Code 01

Post by posila »

Hello, first try to reboot your computer.
If that doesn't help, try to update both nVidia graphics driver and Intel graphics driver.

Can you post also log from attempt to run with --force-opengl, please? In the one you posted if fails to initialize Direct3D 9, so I am wondering if OpenGL fails same way. Thank you.

Mythos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mythos »

Thanks for your reply Posila. I have updated both my graphics card and intel graphics drivers. Still no luck...I have attached to this file another log file with --force-opengl running.

One observation I'm noticing is that Factorio will start up every time I restart the computer and load only up to 40% (sprites) and then stop forever (I've let it sit for 2 hours once and it didn't work). If it crashes or closes; the second time I try and open the game it will crash and give me error code 01.

I have relatively new gaming laptop Lenovo Legion Y520 so I know it isn't my computer specifications problem. Are there any other things I should try?
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks, to try to workaround getting stuck on 40%, try to set launch option

Code: Select all

--single-thread-loading

Mythos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mythos »

No luck... when I run '--single-thread-loading' it just right away crashes with error 01. Doesn't even start up the first time. Also tried restarting and doing it.... :(

Mythos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mythos »

Some progress! I tried a few more times with '--single-thread-loading' and it worked also got past 40% and fully loaded. But I did encounter another crash error after I closed the game. Attached is a screenshot of the error; it has something to do with RivaTuner Statistics Server. I tried looking for it in 'my programs' I don't seem to have it there. Is there a file location I need to look to get rid of it? Or where can I update it?
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
factorio-current.log
(14.19 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
DirectX crashed Message.png
DirectX crashed Message.png (20.93 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The steam overlay crashed the graphics driver, try deactivating the overlay in steam either globally or for factorio only.

Return to “Technical Help”