Corrupt save after 410 Hours :(

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Reaper_EGA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Corrupt save after 410 Hours :(

Post by Reaper_EGA »

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could help with this, or at least try and explain as to why this happened?
For months I've been playing on a map, accumulated over 400 hours of playtime on it but then today after a system restart earlier in the afternoon I tried to load up my save file and got the following error message "Corrupt Map : Uknown Tile 124".
The save and all of its related auto-saves are all the same.
I now realise that I should have made back ups but I always assumed that the auto saves would be a fail safe backup in case the main file got corrupted, I never expected all saves to end up this way.
I have attached a pic of the error. I'm unsure how to upload the map save file as its too big, can I extract it and upload any specific file?

I have already checked for previous versions of the files/folders by right clicking them, none exist, a Windows restore was a long shot but I tried it anyways and it didn't help. I also tried loading the game through various build versions, none work. Verifying game files through steam is no good either.
Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions/help.
fact.png
fact.png (1002.07 KiB) Viewed 2116 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Corrupt save after 410 Hours :(

Post by Koub »

I think first thing you will be asked will be a savegame.
This is a self-realizing prediction :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Reaper_EGA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Reaper_EGA »

Sorry, I wasnt too sure how to upload such a large (ish) file.
Here is a dropbox link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5ok7aunp7roi ... D.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

you should contact the mod author or write in the appropriate mod forum thread instead of technical help which has nothing to do with a modded version of the game?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

dog80 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 pm
you should contact the mod author or write in the appropriate mod forum thread instead of technical help which has nothing to do with a modded version of the game?
Map corruption is a base game error and not something a mod author can do anything about. Even in the highly unlikely case that their mod caused it, which in turn, would be a base game bug again because mods are not supposed to be able to do that.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

After few hours of staring into The Matrix, electric mining drills and transport belts started to emerge from binnary mess and I was able to fix the save this time. Enjoy! (Try to run memtest on your computer over night to check if your RAM sticks are alright)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gekwk03mhzbqj ... d.zip?dl=0

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

It's never a bad idea to give your computer a day (or two) of memtest. The only time I had a serious factorio crash I found a RAM error in the exact same spot. The world needs more ECC memory.

Reaper_EGA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Reaper_EGA »

Wow really? Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it :D
Awesome!! Thanks again!! <3

Return to “Technical Help”