(SOLVED) Headless Server LAN game (with no internet)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
purloi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

(SOLVED) Headless Server LAN game (with no internet)

Post by purloi »

:?: :!:
Out in the middle of the woods, where we plan to be playing, there is no internet, and no cell phone signal. I tried a test, to be sure the server will launch, but I ran into the following errors starting the headless linux server:

Code: Select all

0.534 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/generate-server-padlock-2
  11.053 code:6, 6; Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com
  11.053 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:145: Status code: 0
  11.053 Info AuthServerConnector.cpp:18: Downloading from auth server failed: Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com
  11.053 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:96: MultiplayerManager failed: "Couldn't reach the auth server."
I've searched all over for the solution. Many people have the problem without the Headless Server (easy check box fix) But I can't find any lines in the config file that appear to disable the authentication server. We won't have an issue with one guy pretending to be another, so the authentication server will not be an issue out in the woods.

Thank you in advance for your time! :D
Last edited by purloi on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Headless Server LAN game (with no internet)

Post by Bilka »

It should just be this in the server-settings.json
"_comment_require_user_verification": "When set to true, the server will only allow clients that have a valid Factorio.com account",
"require_user_verification": true,
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

purloi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Headless Server LAN game (with no internet)

Post by purloi »

That did it! Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed that. It was actually the very last line in the multi player section.

It was right in front of my face!

Return to “Technical Help”