Zoom out resolution

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Zoom out resolution

Post by zOldBulldog »

I saw a screenshot of a large blueprint in the forum, I used the blueprint, modified it and wanted to take a screenshot to repost in the forum,.

But when I zoom out to cover the same area the image gets depixelated and I can no longer see the structures. Also, the forum no longer supports multiple attachments for a single post since the latest forum update.

I know I can take multiple screenshots, each covering a smaller area, and then include them by making separate posts. But that is terrible forum etiquette (if it wasn't for the forum bug).

What other options do I have?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Zoom out resolution

Post by Loewchen »

Look for the screenshot command here: https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Normal_commands

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 am
Look for the screenshot command here: https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Normal_commands
Thank you, I assume I would use it with the zoom option?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Or you just use ScreenshotHotkey, draw a selection box around your desired picture-area and don't care about the internals :P. (The FAQ hopefully answers any further questions).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:53 am
Or you just use ScreenshotHotkey, draw a selection box around your desired picture-area and don't care about the internals :P. (The FAQ hopefully answers any further questions).
Sweet! Will do that.

And of course not save the game, to avoid disabling achievements (and only God knows why I care, I am only missing Spoon and only by a day or two, so there is not much I can ruin).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Also protip: Convert the pictures to jpeg before uploading them to the forum for the sake of everyone else. Pure pngs are ridiculously large, but the engine can't output anything else.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm
Also protip: Convert the pictures to jpeg before uploading them to the forum for the sake of everyone else. Pure pngs are ridiculously large, but the engine can't output anything else.
Yes it can. It can output bmp, jpg, gif, tif, and png.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 am
eradicator wrote:
Oh? The API doc (incl the 0.17 preview) doesn't mention anything about this. Is the format determined purely by file path? Would you be so nice and extend the API doc for that? ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 am
Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 am
eradicator wrote:
Oh? The API doc (incl the 0.17 preview) doesn't mention anything about this. Is the format determined purely by file path? Would you be so nice and extend the API doc for that? ;)
Yeah, by the file extension.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”