HELP ME

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
That_Guy_Dragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

HELP ME

Post by That_Guy_Dragon »

So i bought the game a long while ago from the steam store. I have been watching a streamer whos got me back into the game but he's playing with mods. So off I went to the mods tab in the game, and I am greeted with the login window. So I go ahead and login with my steam, doesn't work. I head to the website and made an account, head back to the game but I get the same error. "Insufficient membership. Login requires a membership which owns the game. Please buy the game on our website or via retailers (Steam, GOG).". This doesn't make any sense as I purchased the game off steam and wouldn't expect this problem. I would really like some help with this.

Thanks.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: HELP ME

Post by Klonan »

That_Guy_Dragon wrote:So i bought the game a long while ago from the steam store. I have been watching a streamer whos got me back into the game but he's playing with mods. So off I went to the mods tab in the game, and I am greeted with the login window. So I go ahead and login with my steam, doesn't work. I head to the website and made an account, head back to the game but I get the same error. "Insufficient membership. Login requires a membership which owns the game. Please buy the game on our website or via retailers (Steam, GOG).". This doesn't make any sense as I purchased the game off steam and wouldn't expect this problem. I would really like some help with this.

Thanks.
Have you linked your Steam account on our website:
https://factorio.com/profile ?

That_Guy_Dragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Yeah, I have linked my account, in the sense that the link steam icon just redirects me to my steam page.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

That_Guy_Dragon wrote:Yeah, I have linked my account, in the sense that the link steam icon just redirects me to my steam page.
For me, my factorio.com profile page says
Your account is linked with your steam account.
If your account doesn't say that, then I suspect that you haven't managed to like your account successfully.

That_Guy_Dragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Yea, It says that I am linked to my steam account.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Re-reading your first post, any chance that the you are using your steam username and password to attempt to log into factorio? I've never tried that, but I don't expect it to work, use your factorio.com account username and password (which is also separate from your forum account).

That_Guy_Dragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Yea, I have tired my factorio and steam accounts and it still says "Insufficient membership. Login requires a membership which owns the game. Please buy the game on our website or via retailers (Steam, GOG).".

I DID buy this game on steam and I don't understand why this is happening.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post a screenshot of your factorio.com profile page, mask all personal information.

Return to “Technical Help”