[0.16.51] Couldn't establish network communication with serv

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
notTheNsa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Couldn't establish network communication with serv

Post by notTheNsa »

Good evening guys,

I am having the same issue over and over with only certain servers, i think it might be only servers hosted from other players and not the headless version but i'm not sure.
When I try to connect I get this error "Couldn't establish network communication with server". I will include the log in thethread but I think I have narrowed it down to this:

Code: Select all

1216.587 Warning TransmissionControlHelper.cpp:176: Fragment 0000 failed too many times
1217.438 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: multiplayer.not-received-connection-accept-reply
1217.438 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:573: MapTick(4294967295) changing state from(Connecting) to(InitializationFailed)
Factorio version: 0.16.51

Looking around on the forum, It seems that there are a few people, going back various versions of factorio, that have the same issue but there hasn't been a clear solution.

Does some one have a fix or is having the same problem?
Attachments
factorio-current copy.log
Full log
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Leatherworks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Couldn't establish network communication with serv

Post by Leatherworks »

Hi.

Ver. 0.16.51 (build 36654, win64, steam)

I've had this issue for months now. See attachment. I can join some random servers & some I can't. I've tried the work arounds with port forwarding, but to no avail.

With the port forwarding I found that my friends could join my games, but I still couldn't join theirs.

It is a shame as we bought the game together & ended up playing solo. I hope a fix is implemented eventually as there are a fair few people spread over the forum & internet with the same issue.

Please post if there is a fix or if you are having the same connection issue.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-07 13.11.24.png
Screenshot 2018-10-07 13.11.24.png (3.63 MiB) Viewed 2906 times

Return to “Technical Help”