Random multiplayer connection problems

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
StasKaratayev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Random multiplayer connection problems

Post by StasKaratayev »

Hi, me and my friend are having problems with multiplayer.
We use the latest game version and built in the game multiplayer.

When I create a public game, my friend can see it in the list but cannot connect to it.
When my friend created a public server I was able to connect to it only the first time. When we tried the same later, I wasn't able to connect to his server. Out of 20 attempts only 2 succeeded.
At the same time I can easy connect to other public servers and play.

Can someone please advise?
We also tried hamachi and direct connection by IP and port. I also enabled port forwarding on my router and forwarding the game port, but that doesn't look like a problem, since very first time when I was able to connect to friend's server all network setting were set to default (without port forwarding).

My location is Ukraine. Friend is in Germany.
But we played long time before successfully and network speed is good, we can play together in other multiplayer games.

Hoelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Random multiplayer connection problems

Post by Hoelle »

Hello!

I have the same "error".

My friend and i trying 40 times close steam and log new in before one success with connecting.

That cant be real ...

Please help!

liqo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by liqo »

Hi,
me and my friend have the same issue. When he hosts public, I can usually find it game browser or join directly to him via Steam overlay. But once I leave, I cannot join him again using the same metods unless he rehosts the game.

Hoelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hoelle »

Hello !

OK, i have a solution f0r this!

STEP 1. Start NEW multiplayer Game!

SSTEP 2. Wait for ur friend so that he can see ur server and your PING! He had to wait, don´t connect!

STEP 3. Close ur NEW game and load ur Saved multiplayer Map/Game.

STEP 4. Ur friend have to refresh the server list and voila there it goes!

Worked for me now all the time!

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

StasKaratayev wrote:Hi, me and my friend are having problems with multiplayer.
We use the latest game version and built in the game multiplayer.

When I create a public game, my friend can see it in the list but cannot connect to it.
When my friend created a public server I was able to connect to it only the first time. When we tried the same later, I wasn't able to connect to his server. Out of 20 attempts only 2 succeeded.
At the same time I can easy connect to other public servers and play.

Can someone please advise?
We also tried hamachi and direct connection by IP and port. I also enabled port forwarding on my router and forwarding the game port, but that doesn't look like a problem, since very first time when I was able to connect to friend's server all network setting were set to default (without port forwarding).

My location is Ukraine. Friend is in Germany.
But we played long time before successfully and network speed is good, we can play together in other multiplayer games.
Can you please post a log of the server?
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Return to “Technical Help”