v sync lag?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

v sync lag?

Post by nuhll »

So i have a weired problem.

I have 6700k (4,5 GHZ)
Geforce 1080

Ive got between 58-60 FPS/UPS in a singleplayer game.

I have a very big display, so if i disable v sync i have like shadows while moving (dont know how to descripe in english, but i guess u understand what i mean)

If im right, for this i need to enable V-SYNC, but if i eneble vsync it dont blurr anymre, but instead it lags (like micro lags) (only visually, FPS and UPS is still the same)

Any idea?

Tobilike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: v sync lag?

Post by Tobilike »

Try deactivating the setting in the game and activating it in the NVIDIA control panel. Anyway, it helped me.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

nuhll wrote:if i disable v sync i have like shadows while moving (dont know how to descripe in english, but i guess u understand what i mean)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

Check that your monitor is configured to run at 60Hz. Some large TV displays may only go to 50hz (especially in countries where that is the AC line frequency), and some high performance displays may have a much higher frequency such as 75hz, and anything outside of 60hz exactly can cause bad screen tearing without VSYNC and bad stuttering with VSYNC due to the fixed update and render timing of factorio. If your monitor is 50hz for example, you could try issuing the console command "/c game.speed = 50/60" for 50FPS to see if that helps, although the game will be slowed slightly while playing.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Yea, its 60hz 4k.

Return to “Technical Help”