Unable to "catch up"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Frerduro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to "catch up"

Post by Frerduro »

So me and some friends have been playing on a headless server that has been running fine until now. Recently we have been unable to join we get to "catching up with server" then it slowly ticks down and we are eventually disconnected the server is on a ubuntu 16.04 server with a 7700k@5ghz with 64GB of ram and I am running a 4790k with 16GB of ram and a 1070. How can i fix this?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unable to "catch up"

Post by orzelek »

Frerduro wrote:So me and some friends have been playing on a headless server that has been running fine until now. Recently we have been unable to join we get to "catching up with server" then it slowly ticks down and we are eventually disconnected the server is on a ubuntu 16.04 server with a 7700k@5ghz with 64GB of ram and I am running a 4790k with 16GB of ram and a 1070. How can i fix this?
Simpliest solution would be to reverse the roles. To use slightly slower CPU for server so that client has easier time catching up.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unable to "catch up"

Post by Jap2.0 »

Do something like /c game.speed = 0.8 in the console, which will slow down the game so that you can catch up.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Technical Help”