[16.51] When I try to connect I get a connection eror

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
redhatboy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[16.51] When I try to connect I get a connection eror

Post by redhatboy »

Hi, when I try to connect to my windows dedicated server I get an error saying 'Couldn't establish network communication with server.' When I have the correct port opened (34197).

It's not my end either as I can host games on my own Pc and join other multiplayer games, also my friend gets the same error.
Are there any easy ways to try and debug the connection?

P.S The way that I access the server VM is through a remote connection as the server is at my dads house. So it isn't the internet connection.

Thanks in advance.

redhatboy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [16.51] When I try to connect I get a connection eror

Post by redhatboy »

This is the logs if It helps at all, I think I know whats causing it.

4.416 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:699: mapTick(53129697) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
4.421 Info ServerRouter.cpp:596: Asking pingpong servers (pingpong1.factorio.com:34197, pingpong2.factorio.com:34197) for own address
4.552 Warning ServerRouter.cpp:487: Received own adddress message reply with conflicting address (got IP ADDR:({IP}), expected IP ADDR:({IP ;) }))
4.555 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:592: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: IP ADDR:({IP})
5.123 Info MatchingServer.cpp:86: Matching server game `2947614` has been created.
5.134 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:628: Matching server connection resumed

Return to “Technical Help”