[0.16.51] Headless Server - Server is not responding issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ibuteb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Headless Server - Server is not responding issues

Post by ibuteb »

Hey there,

i am running an 0.16.51 factorio headless server on an esxi virtual debian 9.5 with 6 cores and 8gb ram and enough hdd capacity at a 100mbit symmetrical connection.

We are encountering, upon connecting to the server, constant "server is not responding" issues and by looking at the logs, i have discovered several heartbeat issues, but i am not sure how these arise. The server installation is a standard headless server without any customization and mods, the map is a freshly created.

Is there anyone who encountered similar problems and has fixed it, or has an idea how to get rid of the "server is not responding" messages?

Thank you in advance, and if there are questions, i'll try to anwser them as fast as possible.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Server Log
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
factorio-current.log
Client LOG
(12.97 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Dergonic
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Headless Server - Server is not responding issues

Post by Dergonic »

Hello

Looks like the server do not manage to create the game neither. It get 401 errors when trying to download some files from Factorio servers.
Did you setup your credentials in the server configuration. Either the Username+Password OR Username+Token

ibuteb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Headless Server - Server is not responding issues

Post by ibuteb »

Hey there,

i have configured DNS correctly, so the factorio servers are now reachable and that seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks for that hint.

-ibuteb

Return to “Technical Help”