Importing save to headless server on CentOS (bad zip file)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
WichidNixin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Importing save to headless server on CentOS (bad zip file)

Post by WichidNixin »

So last night I began getting a headless server running. I made a VM in Hyper-V with CentOS minimal installed in it. I installed the headless server. I setup the server settings.json file and created a factorio.service in /etc/systemd/system/. I (painfully) was able to get glibc installed but it was the wrong version so I had to build version 2.18 which took forever. I then took my save file from my Windows machine which has been running the game and renamed it to save.zip and uploaded it to Mediafire so I could wget it from CentOS. I ran wget to download the save file into the saves folder and tried to start the server but it says thats its a bad zip file. I tried renaming it to the name it was originally (Wichids Game.zip) but that didnt work either. I am able to load that save file in Factorio on my Windows machine and play on it but it wont load on the headless server running CentOS. Am I doing something wrong or is this something that is just not possible?

WichidNixin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Importing save to headless server on CentOS (bad zip file)

Post by WichidNixin »

So I finally got it working. It seems there is some sort of problem using .zips in Linux that were created in Windows. What I had to do was unzip the file to a shared folder, use mget in smbclient to copy over the whole directory, and then use zip to turn the directory into a .zip file again.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Importing save to headless server on CentOS (bad zip file)

Post by posila »

I am reasonably convinced one does not simply wget files from Mediafire. When I click your link, it doesn't start to download the file, it shows me mediafire web page with Download button on it, and I think wget grabbed that webpage.

Return to “Technical Help”