game slowed down overnight

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
patpatthesuper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

game slowed down overnight

Post by patpatthesuper »

so my game has slowed down overnight my fps will run at 10-15 but my ups stays steady right around 60 I've tried messing with the settings but I honestly don't know what I'm doing. regardless of what Sprite resolution I choose the fps is just trash and I've been running the game fine so far. it happens regardless of what is in the map. even on a brand new world. my computer is admittedly trash but it's been running it so far no issues until now. I love this game but the low fps is killing it for me. please help!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: game slowed down overnight

Post by Klonan »

patpatthesuper wrote:so my game has slowed down overnight my fps will run at 10-15 but my ups stays steady right around 60 I've tried messing with the settings but I honestly don't know what I'm doing. regardless of what Sprite resolution I choose the fps is just trash and I've been running the game fine so far. it happens regardless of what is in the map. even on a brand new world. my computer is admittedly trash but it's been running it so far no issues until now. I love this game but the low fps is killing it for me. please help!
In options->graphics, what is your lights render quality set to?
I would try to reduce is to minimum if it is not already

patpatthesuper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by patpatthesuper »

I've tried it at the lowest setting and it didn't help but currently it's at like .22

patpatthesuper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by patpatthesuper »

so I just booted the game up made 0 changes and now it's running fine I don't think it's the game just curious as what would cause it. and my lights rendered its at .25 the lowest right now. spirits resolution is at normal and am running at 60/60 in my decent factory.

Return to “Technical Help”