Bad FPS drop when connecting to a game hosted by friends

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
turboy17
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bad FPS drop when connecting to a game hosted by friends

Post by turboy17 »

I'm having problems with hosting a local server from for friends from a saved map. I'm playing with full angel/Bob and a few other mods on the latest game version. A little while after we started to use robots instead of belts the people connecting to the host have around 3-6 FPS but a normal UPS. But before that there was absolutely no problems. The host has normal FPS/UPS and no matter who hosts the other two connecting to the server lag/frame drop horrifically. I don't think it's a hardware power issue because the best PC build amongst the three of us has a 1080 and really fast Intel CPU and the other two have no problem running the map in single player. On other maps with the same mods works fine and this world save worked fine until suddenly it didn't and I can't think of what may have caused it. We have tried assigning Factorio to a port that we know works (27015 which is the CS:GO port) with no change. We tried using a different PC and had the same low FPS/normal UPS.

Return to “Technical Help”