[16.51] Headless Server 3 issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jerskiez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.51] Headless Server 3 issues

Post by jerskiez »

So I have a few issues that I have run across while running a steam windows 10 headless server.
Everything is updated and runs correctly, except;
1. Me and my friend after 48ish hours did not get any achievement for launching a rocket. In the tracker and on the achievements menu it still shows the achievements as attainable. No we are not using mods and neither of us even has any mods we have downloaded. (yes, we both checked) The server is set to pause when we disconnect. No, we have not played more then an hour without the other.
2. We can't finish or win the game?
3. Creating maps with server causes all players to spawn with no starting items.

So we tried a few things to see if we could get the achievement since we were doing a "Lazy Bastards" run and it was painstakingly slow.
-Launched more rockets (no acheievements)
-Loaded save file as a multiplayer off of the headless server (still no luck)
-Loaded save file as single player (still nothing)

So I started checking the save file and this is where things got interesting.
When I create a new saved game with the server files and config files (built from the example config file) I noticed I get 6 files in the save.
-(folder) locale
-control.lua
-level-init.dat
-replay.dat
-info.json
-level.dat
-script.dat

but when i run the headless server I get the "level is not the same error" so i shutdown and restart the server and i can login just fine. But i notice after initially shutting down the server the save file is modified and now only has 3 files in it.
-info.json
-level.dat
-script.dat

so I'm assuming the dedicated server doesn't need all the files or something is happening during the saving when the server is shutdown.
but when I do not use the headless server all 6 files persist in the save.
No matter where I create the save file(singleplayer, multiplayer) for the map I run into this.

This brought me to a third issue.
When I create the map with the server no one has any starting items, almost like in sandbox mode. I'm assuming when I create a map with the headless server I'm somehow not creating it with the freeplay scenario? Is this not selected by default?

system specs: Windows 10 pro
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
1080ti OC 11g
samsung nvme ssds 512g 1Tb
Factorio experimental (16.51)

I can share the save file in question and any .bat files I use for creation and server startup and any json files in question.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.51] Headless Server 3 issues

Post by Zavian »

1 and 2 sound like they might be related to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60763.

Return to “Technical Help”