[16.51] Can't load old saves

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Kiyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.51] Can't load old saves

Post by Kiyro »

I just updated to the new version. I'm not running any mods. Any old save I have will get to the loading screen, the green bar will fill up, then nothing. To get out of it I have to close down with the task menu. I made a new game, saved that, and it loaded just fine so it seems to only be my old saves that are giving me problems.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.51] Can't load old saves

Post by Koub »

Please add your logfile from a loading fail, and maybe one of the saves that fail.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Kiyro wrote:... will get to the loading screen, the green bar will fill up, then nothing.
How long did you wait in the "nothing" stage, 5 mins? 10 mins? 30 mins?
Could be a mod that's doing a very slow migration operation. What mods are you using? How old/large is the map you're trying to load? Can you attach the map?

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Are your old saves actually for version 16? Don't think they'll load from an old version although I don't think they just try and fail, I think they warn of wrong version? I don't have any to test.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

As far as I'm aware, 0.16 should load from saves from versions as old as 0.13.

From the changelog for 0.16.0
Disabled loading of saves before 0.13.0 version (You can use 0.13 to load older saves and re-save them).

Return to “Technical Help”