Detailed logs to find the troll

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mifczu
Inserter
Inserter

Detailed logs to find the troll

Post by Mifczu »

Hi,
My server fell victim to the troll. He removed the nuclear power plant and many other things. I would like to leave the server open so that players can simply enjoy the fun. Therefore, I have some questions to which answers somehow I can not easily find:

I know that there are output logs. Can I check somehow to find who removed the power plant?
Is there any mod that banishes such players automatically?
Can you connect to the server with rcon to remotely ban?
Does the game enable sending UDP logs like in CS: GO?

I am sorry if these are obvious questions but somehow I can not find the answers I need.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Detailed logs to find the troll

Post by Loewchen »

You can check the replay.
No.
Yes.
No clue what "UDP logs" are.

Mifczu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mifczu »

How can I chceck the replay? Where he is and how run it?
Give me hint about rcon in this game. Some documentation or topic.
For example in CS: GO it's posible with `logaddress_add` command, you can define the address and port to which all logs are sent, and in them each action from the game. Is it possible here?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I guess the replay can be played via Play > Replay Game in the main menu ?
However, you gan't replay anything if there was a version change anywhere during the map's history.
Also, there is an option to record replay data upon creation of the map. If it wasn't checked, there won't be any.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mifczu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mifczu »

In the game menu there are only replays from local games. I mean multiplayer on a dedicated server. So, I mean more where the file is saved and where to copy it to play. Which setting on the server is responsible for recording replays?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Koub wrote:I guess the replay can be played via Play > Replay Game in the main menu ?
However, you gan't replay anything if there was a version change anywhere during the map's history.
Also, there is an option to record replay data upon creation of the map. If it wasn't checked, there won't be any.
Also if the map has 100 hours of play (not unreasonable for a multiplayer map that is always publically available) it would take 100 hrs to review the replay. (Is there a way of speeding up replays? But even watching a sped up the replay doesn't sound very practical if the map has a 100 hrs of playtime).

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Zavian wrote:
Koub wrote:I guess the replay can be played via Play > Replay Game in the main menu ?
Also if the map has 100 hours of play (not unreasonable for a multiplayer map that is always publically available) it would take 100 hrs to review the replay. (Is there a way of speeding up replays? But even watching a sped up the replay doesn't sound very practical if the map has a 100 hrs of playtime).
You can go up to x64 speed, so it'd be about an hour and a half to watch it - which is still a lot.
I did also hear something about how you could enable replay part way through a game by saving it as a scenario and then starting it again or something.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Jap2.0 wrote:I did also hear something about how you could enable replay part way through a game by saving it as a scenario and then starting it again or something.
TBH this sounds even less practical for a post mortem investigation : You'd need to know there will be a troll at some point to do a save as a scenario.
@OP : I'm not sure if there is a way tbh. Adding more auto-saves and keeping them for long enough be able to do a rollback is probably the way to go.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mifczu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mifczu »

The same situation the other day. So, I've set the password for now.

And you can not watch from the back? How to turn on replays?

Return to “Technical Help”