Any tips to improve performance?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
EstelleTheStar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Any tips to improve performance?

Post by EstelleTheStar »

IT WORKED!

I removed some bots, now down to 200k and i get a ups/fps of 20. so ima keep removing bots to see if i can get it higher

Thanks all! <3
Am I the only female Factorio player?

EstelleTheStar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EstelleTheStar »

eradicator wrote:Yep. Like i said somewhere above, can't look at it (cos it's a google drive link :P). If there's lack of space then removing bots would work. I'll leave the post anyway in case someone else finds it in the future ^^, or maybe it'll even help OP when he faces that particular problem.
oh sorry i didn't know Google Drive don't work :s
I don't know any other way to share the file, what do you suggest me to use?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Have you tried uploading it to the forum directly ? That's the best thing to do.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please check if you have long queues for bots to land in roboports.
Bots searching for roboport to land seem to be causing bad performance pretty quickly.

EstelleTheStar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EstelleTheStar »

Koub wrote:Have you tried uploading it to the forum directly ? That's the best thing to do.
oh i dind't know you could do that, I'm new to forums so i don't know anything lol

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

What's your SPM? I have 20-25 UPS on my 10k SPM base right now, save file size is 320MB lol.

EstelleTheStar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EstelleTheStar »

SORRY FOR VERY LATE RESPONSE!
christian wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 pm
What's your SPM? I have 20-25 UPS on my 10k SPM base right now, save file size is 320MB lol.
I don't know what SPM is, but my save file is about 125MB when compressed

Anyway, I've started to redesign my entire factory + some other places to fit more roboports and make things more organized. UPS is still low but at least i know how to make it higher. right now i have to deal with moving a lot of junk that i got from trying to remove or from inside the factory. i have like 100M coal, stone, iron and copper ore lol. There are a lot of less queues now when i have more roboports.

I've started to have some fps issues when in the mapview and when it's saving. which is strange since there haven't been an update and my settings are at the highest performance. also i've noticed very bad lag when holding a blueprint with many storagechests. dunnu if it's a known issue but eh.

i now have about 40000 logistic robots and 110000 construction robots on my main factory (as i said i've done a lot of remodeling lately). about 15000 logistic robots are used and my ups is around 15.

Return to “Technical Help”