[16.46] searching for ways to play with a friend

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Yair3231
Inserter
Inserter

[16.46] searching for ways to play with a friend

Post by Yair3231 »

Hey,
Me and my friend are searching a service to play factorio with, which isn`t steam servers or Hamachi, that works with LAN. (like tunggle, RIP)
Or, a tutorial that describes how to set up my own simple server.
Thanks.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.46] searching for ways to play with a friend

Post by Jap2.0 »

Got to play --> multiplayer. You should have the option to host a save or new game, publicly visible and/or on LAN, with/without a password, etc., and then your friend can join either via LAN or the public matching server.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Yair3231
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Yair3231 »

Jap2.0 wrote:Got to play --> multiplayer. You should have the option to host a save or new game, publicly visible and/or on LAN, with/without a password, etc., and then your friend can join either via LAN or the public matching server.
he`s not on my LAN, therefore I want a program that can make us a lan server (just like hamachi)

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

Yair3231 wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:Got to play --> multiplayer. You should have the option to host a save or new game, publicly visible and/or on LAN, with/without a password, etc., and then your friend can join either via LAN or the public matching server.
he`s not on my LAN, therefore I want a program that can make us a lan server (just like hamachi)
Here is a list of alternatives to Hamachi at this link http://bfy.tw/IQNY

Yair3231
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Yair3231 »

kreeg wrote:
Yair3231 wrote:
Here is a list of alternatives to Hamachi at this link http://bfy.tw/IQNY
Im suprised that searching that actually worked,
Im so used to typing only keywords and such that I forgot how to search normally
Thanks

Return to “Technical Help”