Losing blueprints when switching builds

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Blinky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Losing blueprints when switching builds

Post by Blinky »

So I usually play using the experimental build but jumped back to 16.36 to play with some friends on their server. When I went back to experimental at a later date to continue with my current game I found that all my blueprints had disappeared.

a) is this intentional?

and

b) is there any way to get my blueprints back?

It's not really a big deal, I nicked most of the blueprints from various sources, but it's putting me off going back to my friend's server.

Thanks for your help in advance.
ImageImage

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Losing blueprints when switching builds

Post by Loewchen »

This is inevitable, your blueprints are stored in one file, this file works with the current version and can be updated, but if you use it in an older version the game will not understand it and overwrite it.
You might find some of your blueprints in your older save files.

Blinky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Blinky »

I was afraid that would be the case. Thank you, I’ll check the save files just incase.
ImageImage

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

Check your %appdata%\Roaming\Factorio folder for a file named blueprint-storage-backup.dat change it to blueprint-storage.dat and you should be good to go.

Blinky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Blinky »

kreeg wrote:Check your %appdata%\Roaming\Factorio folder for a file named blueprint-storage-backup.dat change it to blueprint-storage.dat and you should be good to go.
Nice, I'll have a look later. Thanks for your help.
ImageImage

Return to “Technical Help”