Server multiplayer IP

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kosmo112
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Server multiplayer IP

Post by kosmo112 »

Hey everyone, I am trying to create a headless multiplayer server on Ubuntu but I am running into an issue of not being able to get in game because I am not getting an IP address after starting the server. If I start a server as visible to the public then the address (or something that I get as an address is a random, long string of letters and numbers.
This shows the server as running but I have absolutely no clue how to join a server with this address since it doesn't show up on the public game list and it won't connect directly, even if I try my real IP address with the game's port.

Meanwhile if I set it to hidden I get stuck on opening socket for broadcast.

If there's anyone who knows how to resolve this issue I would be very glad to hear it. Preferably for both visible and hidden options.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Server multiplayer IP

Post by Loewchen »

What you you see in the log is the hash of your IP, for your actual IP you need to look into your OS or router.

kosmo112
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Server multiplayer IP

Post by kosmo112 »

Thanks for the reply and yes, I'm aware. I actually managed to get it running. I recalled that Ubuntu needs to have firewall rules set to allow incoming connections and after allowing port 34197 through the firewall it worked. I would assume this will work for both hidden and visible since it's just a firewall rule. I guess the thread can be marked as solved.

Return to “Technical Help”