Unwanted migrated content removed entities

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unwanted migrated content removed entities

Post by Zan2415 »

Hello everyone

I play on steam, version 0.16.36 (build 36253, win64, steam) with the following mods :
- Bob's ajustable inserters
- Bob's assembling machines
- Bob's electronics
- Bob's enemies
- Bob's functions library mod
- Bob's Greenhouse mod
- Bob's logistics mod
- Bob's metal, chemicals and intermediates
- Bob's minig
- Bob's modules
- Bob's ores
- Bob's power
- Bob's revamp mod
- Bob's tech
- Bob's vehicle equipment
- Bob's warfare
all of which are up to date.

I wanted to start a new game a few days ago on my home computer, so I updated the game to 0.16.36, then installed all of the above mods (I hadn't played with mods on this computer until then). Everything went fine, I was having a blast with the game.
Today I tried to play on my laptop, so I updated game version to 0.16.36, then updated all the outdated bob's mod I had on this computer (I had been experimenting a bit with mods on the laptop a few months ago), then loaded the save (which had been automatically transfered by steam cloud).
Problem is, some mods won't load and I get the following :

I can "play" but a good chunk of Bob's mods is missing so it's not realy playable.

I have no idea why this is happening. The only thing I found is that Bob's power got an update 2 days ago so my save is using 0.16.4 and I was trying to load it while having the 0.16.5 version of the mod installed, but it shouldn't cause any issue right ? Anyway, I still tried to get around this by downloading the 0.16.4 version of Bob's power, I put it AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods, and the game is now telling me that I'm indeed using the 0.16.4 Bob's power version, but still... I get the migrated content deletion issue when loading the game.
Every mod used on my home computer is installed on my laptop, no more no less, with the same version, same game version, same save file. I don't understand :(

I would gladly accept any help to solve this issue !

Have a nice day :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unwanted migrated content removed entities

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log after loading the save and the save itself.

Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zan2415 »

82.468 Loading map C:\Users\Zan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\GoingSoFuckingInsaneInCantEven.zip: 8974761 bytes.
82.565 Loading Level.dat: 18158071 bytes.
82.574 Info Scenario.cpp:136: Map version 0.16.36-2
83.725 Loading script.dat: 608 bytes.
83.787 Checksum for script C:/Users/Zan/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 55817070
83.798 Checksum for script __bobinserters__/control.lua: 47546247
83.802 Checksum for script __bobores__/control.lua: 3649119228
83.805 Checksum for script __bobplates__/control.lua: 2137047030
83.811 Checksum for script __boblogistics__/control.lua: 4188534431

(Yeah the save name is pretty stupid I know :p )
Interesting thing is there are errors related to mods on game loading before I try to load the save.

3.488 Loading mod bobplates 0.16.3 (data-updates.lua)
3.492 Script @__boblibrary__/module-functions.lua:12: Recipe polishing-wheel-synthetic does not exist.
3.577 Loading mod bobassembly 0.16.1 (data-updates.lua)
3.663 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.16.0 (data-updates.lua)
3.750 Loading mod bobgreenhouse 0.16.0 (data-updates.lua)
3.831 Loading mod boblogistics 0.16.22 (data-updates.lua)
3.838 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:24: Technology stack-inserter-3 does not exist.
3.920 Loading mod bobmining 0.16.0 (data-updates.lua)
4.011 Loading mod bobpower 0.16.4 (data-updates.lua)
4.012 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology bob-boiler-2 does not exist.
4.012 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology bob-boiler-2 does not exist.
4.012 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology bob-boiler-3 does not exist.
4.014 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology steam-engine-generator-2 does not exist.
4.014 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology steam-engine-generator-2 does not exist.
4.014 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology steam-engine-generator-3 does not exist.
4.014 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:152: Technology steam-engine-generator-3 does not exist.
4.098 Loading mod bobrevamp 0.16.2 (data-updates.lua)
4.184 Loading mod bobmodules 0.16.0 (data-updates.lua)
4.278 Loading mod bobwarfare 0.16.6 (data-updates.lua)
4.279 Script @__boblibrary__/recipe-functions.lua:76: Recipe gun-cotton-synthetic does not exist.
4.283 Script @__boblibrary__/module-functions.lua:12: Recipe gun-cotton-synthetic does not exist.
4.375 Loading mod bobelectronics 0.16.0 (data-final-fixes.lua)
4.499 Checksum for core: 1316978547

Could it be a corrupted download of the mods ?

Edit : I just uninstalled/reinstalled all the mods without any effect on the issue.

Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zan2415 »

Any feedback on that log ? I have made a new completely clean install of the game without any change. I'm still getting these errors in the log at game startup, before I load any save.
Couldn't play at all this week-end because of that :(

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I'm guessing that you saved the game with one version of the mods, then updated to another version that made those changes, or you loaded the game with different startup mod settings. (Startup mod setting are settings that need to be applied when loading the game). But not really practical for anyone to do any investigating without the save.

Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zan2415 »

Well, as I was saying, it doesn't seem to be save related. I actualy tried to start a new game, and the same items where missing (basic transport belt, etc).
As for the version of the mods at the loading of the game, I also tried last week to download the same version I was using on my other computer. The game was showing me the good version after I switched them directly in the games files. Game was sadly still broken.
Maybe I need to also change a line in some config file to confirm the usage of that "older" mod version ?

I'm still a bit confused as to why a simple minor update of a mod is causing so much trouble.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Zan2415 wrote:I'm still a bit confused as to why a simple minor update of a mod is causing so much trouble.
The mod changed some major things, either downgrade or figure out the mod authors intention in this change (maybe he added different belts, etc.)

Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zan2415 »

I already said I did try that. What bothers me is that the ONLY difference (which doesn't exist anymore since I've already downgraded manually) was a single sub version of bob's power (0.16.5 instead of 0.16.4). Everything else was identical. Problem is, all the missing items listed in the screenshot I linked in my first message are not even related to this mod. Belts, splitters,... all of this comes from bob's logistic, not bob's power.

Zan2415
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zan2415 »

I thought I'd just let everyone know that I finally solved the problem myself, but I still don't fully understand it.

The last thing I tried before making it work was completely deleting every single factorio file from my laptop (including the ones in appdata), then making a new clean install, downloading bob's mods and starting a new game. Well... basic belts, splitters, etc, were still missing.
So, what finally made it work was once again deleting every single file from my laptop, then copying directly the ones from my home computer. I now strictly have the same files on both computers, and it's working. So I guess the problem had something to do with a broken config file or something but that means the game created it that way (broken) since my previous attempt was a full install from scratch.

Anyway, even if I had to find a solution myself, thanks for at least looking into it. Keep up the good work & see you around.

Return to “Technical Help”