Steam save between computers

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Drjver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Steam save between computers

Post by Drjver »

Hi,
I often play between my personal and my professional computer.
It occurs to me that sometimes when I get to my second computer, the save would'nt be sync to my last session on my other computer.
I believe it's because my save is not always sync to the cloud when I quit the game/steam.

Is there a way to force the cloud save ?

Thank you

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Steam save between computers

Post by nuhll »

I dont think you can force it.

But if you "slowly" stop factorio and let steam do his thing, usually it works pretty well. I saw it happen he dont syncronize when you are too fast.

Do you have any connection between the 2 PCs? If so you could simply transfer the save and or make it a network drive

Drjver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drjver »

No I don't have any connection between the 2 computers.
I'll try today to quit Factorio slowly to see if it works.
Thanks

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I don't have steam sync turned on for factorio, but I think you need to leave the computer on (with steam loaded) until the sync finishes. If you sleep or power off the computer too soon after quitting Factorio, (whilst the sync to cloud is still in progress), then the other computer probably won't be able download the incomplete upload. Try to exit Steam after playing Factorio. By default I think Steam shows a warning or otherwise doesn't exit if a sync to cloud is still in progress.

Drjver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drjver »

Steam is always turned on my computer, even when I quit the game and I don't shut down my pc on leaving it.
Do you know a way to know the current state of the could sync ? Or maybe a way to know the latest date of sync ?
The only warning I see is the one I get sometimes on starting Factorio on an other computer asking me to either DL the cloud save or keep the local one. I think this happens when I play even if the save wasn't load and then coming back to the original computer save.

Return to “Technical Help”