[Latest Beta Version]Computer cant download LAN game map

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sodarose
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Latest Beta Version]Computer cant download LAN game map

Post by sodarose »

Describe the problem as best as you can:Host computer sets up a LAN game without issue. 2nd computer tries to connect successfully but cannot download the map to get in, if it does start to download the speeds are <500kbps.

I can connect to other public games on both PC's without issue at normal map download speeds (2-3mbs) but when it comes to LAN its non-existent. I have tried both PC's as host. Done a direct connect through IP addresses, and found the game when browsing for a LAN game. Happens every time. When we did decided to let the map download it took about 30 minutes and afterwards everything was fine. However once we wanted to play again it was back to waiting for the download.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by sodarose on Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sodarose
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Latest Beta Version]Computer cant download LAN game map

Post by sodarose »

Thank you for the response, i re-edited my first post.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Please post a log file after a session with the problem. (Preferably the logfiles from both computers).

sodarose
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sodarose »

Im not really sure what i did or what has changed since we last attempted it but i hosted a game on my PC and the 2nd PC connected without an issue and instantly downloaded the map. So i will take it, me and my step son are going to enjoy some factorio this weekend! Thanks for the help but it is all fixed!

Return to “Technical Help”