[16.39]Error loading scenario save after game update.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
KrazyTygr
Inserter
Inserter

[16.39]Error loading scenario save after game update.

Post by KrazyTygr »

I have been playing a scenario over the past few days with no problem. After the latest update I can no longer load any of my saved games. I get this error message:
AppManagerStates.cpp:1304: Error while running on_configuration_changed: LuaGameScript doesn't contain key surface.
stack traceback: ...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:59: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:54>
The Scenario is called Frontier - Extended by MojoD. I also have a few mods installed. I have been able to save and load my game with no problem until I updated to the latest version. I have tried to sync the mods with the save as the scenario is shown as not being included in the save, but when I check the box and click confirm it has no effect.
Factorio Sync Mods Screen.png
Factorio Sync Mods Screen.png (360.76 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but what do I need to do in order load my saves?
factorio-current.log
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
_autosave2.zip
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.39]Error loading scenario save after game update.

Post by orzelek »

If I understand correctly it's a problem with the scenario you have.
Game update triggered the event since configuration changed and something in the scenario handler for this event is broken.

GotenXiao
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GotenXiao »

We currently have a game up using the same scenario, and encountered the same problem. It's a bug (or an API change in Factorio) in the control.lua on line 59; change this:

Code: Select all

game.surface[1].peaceful_mode = false
to this:

game.[b]surfaces[/b][1].peaceful_mode = false
This should get you going!

KrazyTygr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KrazyTygr »

GotenXiao wrote:We currently have a game up using the same scenario, and encountered the same problem. It's a bug (or an API change in Factorio) in the control.lua on line 59; change this:

game.surface[1].peaceful_mode = false
to this:

game.[b]surfaces[/b][1].peaceful_mode = false
This should get you going!
Hey, thank you very much. That really did the trick :) - well, at least it did after I realised that I needed to amend control.lua in the save file as well as the scenario itself.

hyspeed
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by hyspeed »

I just had this happen with today's update. That's too frustrating to deal with.

Thanks for the info, at least I know the cause.

Return to “Technical Help”