How Do I Track Down Cause of FPS Drops?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

How Do I Track Down Cause of FPS Drops?

Post by NeilN »

I've just started playing the latest version .16 after playing .15 throughout its various versions. FPS in a starting base has already dropped below what it ever dipped down to in .15 with a fairly large base (1 rocket launch/minute with Bob's/Angels). I've got a fair amount of mods running - dropped a few from .15, added more new ones. I've got the game on pause right now and FPS is at 46-48 (usually I got the full 60 in .15 except when running when zoomed out). How do I track down what is causing the drops without removing mods one by one? I've hit F5 but that isn't telling me anything and half the top output is obscured by mod UI widgets.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How Do I Track Down Cause of FPS Drops?

Post by Loewchen »

Deselect all except show-fps, show-time-usage, show-multiplayer-waiting-icon, show-multiplayer-statistics. in the debug menu (F4). All of this would only give useful information though if you have low UPS as well, if you have low FPS but normal UPS, it is a graphics card limitation.

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

It's low UPS. I'm not sure why just standing in the area shown by the screenshot would cause FPS to drop in .16 when .15 was fine in these situations. The card is a ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU 1020MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5.
Clipboarder.2018.04.26.jpg
Clipboarder.2018.04.26.jpg (1012.87 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

I turned down some of the graphic options (I didn't touch them when upgrading from .15 to .16) and I'm back at 60/60 now.

Return to “Technical Help”