Is my forum login the same as multiplayer login?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Is my forum login the same as multiplayer login?

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

because it won't let me create a multiplayer game. I used to set up multiplayer games, but not anymore.

They want me to enter my email address and then they tell me that the @ symbol is not allowed. How do you enter your email address without using @?

It seems like there should be a separate place to fix multiplayer logins. Also, I don't know if they want me to use my forum name or my steam name. I wanted to use my forum name.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is my forum login the same as multiplayer login?

Post by Jap2.0 »

Forum name is different from the multiplayer login, which uses your factorio.com account.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

I don't think they understand the systems that they themselves create because the page I'm at to reset my password just says Factorio . It does not say forum or multiplayer so I assume it means for all factorio stuff. I guess I reset my forum password. Not what I wanted to do. That worked fine. Probably won't from now on and that's how everything gets screwed up.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Mauslag PIngman wrote:I don't think they understand the systems that they themselves create because the page I'm at to reset my password just says Factorio . It does not say forum or multiplayer so I assume it means for all factorio stuff. I guess I reset my forum password. Not what I wanted to do. That worked fine. Probably won't from now on and that's how everything gets screwed up.
There is no multiplayer account, you create an account when purchasing the game, that account is used for everything that purchasing the game gives you access to, the forum just like the wiki has nothing to do with that.

Return to “Technical Help”