Bad connexion, difficult to join game sometimes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
yohannc
Inserter
Inserter

Bad connexion, difficult to join game sometimes

Post by yohannc »

Hi,

I'm hosting a private server, hosted on the same computer where i play.
I have a good connexion (1Gb/250Mb).
A friend can join without any problems (he have a good connexion too, 50Mb/5Mb)
But my brother have lot's of problems to join (he have a bad connexion, some jitter and max 3Mb/800Kb).
When joining, sometimes, he get kicked out for not responding. But on his side, it's still downloading the map (400Ko/s).
Today he already tried 7 times without succes. So we have just installed 16.35, not better (you can see the attached server log).

Notes :
It's not a recent regression, we have it from the beginning of the experimental (and maybe in the last stable).
When he join, i lower the game speed to 0.1, so he don't have too much catch up after download step.
It we set game to pause, we have troubles (like in your fff-234 pvp video), so we only lower game speed.
Attachments
factorio-previous client.log
Client log
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
factorio-current.log
Server log
(49.64 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bad connexion, difficult to join game sometimes

Post by fiery_salmon »

Is Factorio worse than other comparable games (like for example an OpenTTD save with massive amount of trains)?

yohannc
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bad connexion, difficult to join game sometimes

Post by yohannc »

He didn't played OpenTTD so we don't know. The thing is this look like a bug. It's downloading but at the same time, it's kicking for no response...

Return to “Technical Help”