Factorio can permanently destroy a graphics card!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
batorfly
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio can permanently destroy a graphics card!

Post by batorfly »

numgun wrote:Atleast put an option to reliably terminate the startup loading screen.

That thing can often take its sweet time booting up all the sprites and data (especially more so with mods), so having an ability to cancel the startup anytime in general would be a welcome addition.

Always offer the user to cancel out of any lenghty computing operation, thats UI/UX design 101.
I don't think anybody besides you need that feature. I can't think of even one game that has an option to stop the loading! Do you understand that ? NO ONE GAME THAT HAS OPTION TO STOP THE LOADING. If you can give me an reasonable example of one game that has this "feature" of stopping loading of the game i will admit you're right. And i will shut the fck up.

Yep, i'm offensive, i know that. But your attitude pisses me off.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Alt + f4 already works

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

I run windowed mode and press the X. Revolutionary

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

numgun wrote:Atleast put an option to reliably terminate the startup loading screen.

That thing can often take its sweet time booting up all the sprites and data (especially more so with mods), so having an ability to cancel the startup anytime in general would be a welcome addition.

Always offer the user to cancel out of any lenghty computing operation, thats UI/UX design 101.
It is provided by operating system - any decent one allows to forcefully shutdown programs. Why you keep suggesting to reimplement OS functionality in Factorio? Please stop making suggestion if you are unaware about basic computer-related knowledge like alt + f4 or equivalent.

Also:
Nova wrote:
numgun wrote:Most importantly, the startup loading screen OFFERS NO WAY TO STOP IT.
I know of no game right now that has a "stop loading" button. You would always have to kill the process, or maybe click the X if it's in windowed mode.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Deadlock989 wrote:I run windowed mode and press the X. Revolutionary
What? blasphemy :P

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

It's like a proper dark art, pressing X. There is a sealed tome about it in the basement of the British Library but everyone who asks to see it is reported to the government.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

This is now closed.

Return to “Technical Help”