[16.30] flickering monitor after some playtime

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[16.30] flickering monitor after some playtime

Post by joshinils »

I have problems with my high refresh rate monitor. its a 2550x1440@144hz, my secondary is a 1920x1080@59hz
When i play in fullscreen it sometimes starts to flicker, when i move something over the fullscreen game it stops, but after some lag hickup it starts back up with the flickering.
enabling vsync does not help. telling the monitor that its driven by DP 1.1 opposed to 1.2 doesnt either.

maybe this is related to viewtopic.php?f=49&t=58471

i have no clue what to do about either problem

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.30] flickering monitor after some playtime

Post by impetus maximus »

try setting your monitor to 60hz. disable v-sync in game and enable aero theme (for v-sync) if using windows.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Is the whole picture flickering or only parts of it? When activating the fps counter (see: 51319), does the framerate value drop?

joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by joshinils »

impetus maximus wrote:try setting your monitor to 60hz. disable v-sync in game and enable aero theme (for v-sync) if using windows.
so far that has fixed it. but maybe not entirely. i have the impression it is still doing it, but i just cant really notice it anymore. or thats just any monitor flickering at 60hz that i can see, idk.

annoying, but i can do something about this. this has also fixed the turning off issue. weird

Edit: yeah it has to have something to do with framerate. when i set the gamespeed to something like 10000 it also stops the flickering...

joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by joshinils »

i have seen this in other games aswell, their ingame fps count was always lower than about 100, and only sometimes.
i have enabled the fps count in my monitor, which varied wildly from above 144 and below 100 when the flickering occured.

i had the bright idea to disable freesync in my radeon settings, that has fixed it for other games, i guess it will also fix it for factorio

Return to “Technical Help”