"Heartbeat outside latency windows" Error on Linux Server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
m4rc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"Heartbeat outside latency windows" Error on Linux Server

Post by m4rc »

Hey Devs,

i own many different private gaming servers and some friends asked me for setting up a factorio server. Problem: Playing the game isnt fun at all because every 60 seconds, there comes a window in client GUI that says "waiting for server" (i translated this myself)...
Meanwhile the server spams the whole console of the server with this:
spoiler
Setup: I installed the game like described here: https://wiki.factorio.com/Multiplayer#S ... rio_server
I run the server with this command: ./factorio --start-server map --bind ipv4adress:34197
Server starts normally. People are able to join and play.
Its a Ubuntu 14.04 Server with a 1Gbit Connection. I (the client that throw the error) own a 400Mbit connection... Im pretty sure its no common "bad ping" problem. 6GB RAM available and Xeon E5 Processor... Hardware shouldnt be the problem.

Any ideas how to easily solve this? Im pretty sure im not the only one with this error...

Thanks for help
Marc
Last edited by Koub on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spoiler tag

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "Heartbeat outside latency windows" Error on Linux Server

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved topic to technical help subforum.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JulienCC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JulienCC »

Hi,
According to the messages, heartbeat packets are arriving too late.
I suggest that you run a ping command from the same machine you use to play to your server in parallel and see if there's a spike in latency at the frequency you said (every 60s).

m4rc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by m4rc »

JulienCC wrote:Hi,
According to the messages, heartbeat packets are arriving too late.
I suggest that you run a ping command from the same machine you use to play to your server in parallel and see if there's a spike in latency at the frequency you said (every 60s).
I used putty (windows ssh client) at the same time in paralell, but is this the reason for this error? All other players (no paralell connection) have the same problem...

Return to “Technical Help”