Razer Chroma Phillips Hue Color Mismatch?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
PelvicSorcerer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Razer Chroma Phillips Hue Color Mismatch?

Post by PelvicSorcerer »

I'm very new to Razer Chroma and Synapse 3, but with my Ornata Chroma keyboard and Phillips Hue lights hooked up to Razer Synapse 3, and the Factorio "App?" installed on Synapse 3, I get some pretty awesome effects, as advertised on Razer's site under the Factorio section. However, I can't find anywhere what the intended use for the Hue lights are, so I don't know if mine are behaving properly. They flash along with my keyboard when I take damage or get an achievement, among other things, and they seem to go black when I die in multiplayer SOMETIMES (it's a REALLY awesome effect when it works properly). Anyway, all this stuff is great, but I'd like to know where I can find some description as to how it is intended to function so I can understand what's happening and why. The main point of this post is to say, very uncertainly since I lack the previously mentioned description, I think that there's a color mismatch going on with the Hue lights. When the game launches, my keyboard turns "Factorio Orange" but my Hue lights seem to just turn red. It's a little off-putting, and I doubt this is the intended effect. Any insight?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Razer Chroma Phillips Hue Color Mismatch?

Post by Twinsen »

The chroma link leds (like philips hue) should:
- Fade in intensity when a loading progress should be shown
- Animate on achievement
- Flash red on damage taken
- Stay orange in any other situation.

Other situations seem to be strange, as if it's missing some updates and not refreshing it's state.
For optimization, I only send color change events when a change actually occurs, so if the Philips Hue misses some updates it might be stuck in it's last state.

PelvicSorcerer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Razer Chroma Phillips Hue Color Mismatch?

Post by PelvicSorcerer »

I can confirm that my Hue lights definitely perform all those actions, except for "Stay orange in any other situation." My Hue lights are never orange. They are definitely red, especially when compared to the orange of the game itself on my monitor and the orange of my keyboard. Does anyone else notice the drastic difference in color?

Return to “Technical Help”