Nuclear Rocket performace hit.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
monty1510
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nuclear Rocket performace hit.

Post by monty1510 »

Hey all

1st off DEVS, are you bent on world domination. hopping on getting world leaders addicted to this little game. All i think about is my next factorio map phew thats done.

I just finished map with a huge bitter presence, and was using nuc's to clear the area's after the impact and the graphic of the impact, i went from fps/ups 60 to 30 is this normal? is there a way this can be recorded to show?

specs
amd 8320 8 core 12 gigs gtx 1060 6gig

quadrox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Nuclear Rocket performace hit.

Post by quadrox »

Yes, in principle it is possible to record.

1) Some console command/debug option allows you to display UPS/FPS along with other details on the screen. I don't know exactly how to do this, I have seen screenshots of this though. Try and search the forums for more info.
2) Record the screen with the UPS/FPS counter present
--2a) Simple solution is to use a cell-phone or other external recording device
--2b) Otherwise, if you have a NVidia card, you should be able to use their ShadowPlay tool to record what is going on
--2c) Finally, there are other (usually for money) solutions that allow you to record your screen - the most well known for me is FRAPS, but there are many others.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Hi.

http://www.goplayeditor.com/

That program is free and will allow you to make 10 second recordings at a time. Then you can use the program vid editor to add them together. Place ur vid in a zip file and upload to forums cause you can't upload a vid file directly on the forums it seems.

And yeah I have noticed too that using nukes slows down the game a lot for a short moment. Moment is defined as 90 seconds so its a bit shorter than a moment...

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

Going from 60 FPS to 30 FPS sounds like a VSync issue. If vertical sync is enabled, if the game misses the timing for the next frame even by a fraction of a millisecond, then it has to wait for the next vertical refresh. If the frames are taking 1/55th of a second to render then it will result in 30 FPS. You could try disabling VSync to get the real FPS drop. There are some things NVIDIA do to smooth frame rate transitions with VSync that may prevent it from flipping between 60 and 30 in order to avoid jitter, they are under the adaptive VSync options.

Return to “Technical Help”