[Rseding] [for 0.17] [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
gacekssj4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Rseding] [for 0.17] [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by gacekssj4 »

My brother have problem with game when I invite him through steam "Invite" option. After game Launches menu is not loading. He sees only background image and nothing more.

I invite him to my private game server that is hosted on our LAN.

gacekssj4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by gacekssj4 »

So... it's not a bug? :)

EDIT: Just to nice, when my bro is playing on server and i click join (in steam friend list) i also get stuck on main wallpaper. Only option tu shut down game is alf+f4 etc.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report.
It sounds like a bug. As far as I know we have implemeted inviting only for public games listed on matching server, so I don't think we will cover this in 0.16 stabilization, but we should fix it for 0.17

In meantime, if the server has LAN visibility enabled, you should be able to see it in "Play on LAN" dialog.

(Getting stuck on wallpater is not nice though, might look into that one sooner)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [for 0.17] [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by posila »

It should be fixed in 0.17 now (by Rseding's addition of Steam Networking support)

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [posila] [for 0.17] [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by zOldBulldog »

posila wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am
It should be fixed in 0.17 now (by Rseding's addition of Steam Networking support)
Is there a guide or tutorial on how to do this on 0.17?

Do you need to create/launch the game as a multiplayer game or will a simple New Game / load a save, followed by a Steam invite from the Steam Friends List do?

I noticed on another game that it was necessary to set our Steam Pero files to at least Friends Only or Public for Steam invites to work. Is that the case for Factorio too?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding] [for 0.17] [0.16.16] Steam Invite Issue

Post by posila »

You need to host multiplayer game and check "Steam" in Visibility options (you can uncheck Public and LAN), I don't know if "Verify user identity" is required for Steam networking to work, I don't think it is (when that is enabled people joining have to be logged into the factorio.com account).

When Steam visibility is enabled, invites and joining through Steam friend list should connect you through Steam networking.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”