[16.X] Scenario do not work anymore

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[16.X] Scenario do not work anymore

Post by IIPoliII »

Hello guys,
I had take a scenario from a website for my 15.40 old server but now that i try to play it on 16.7 it don't work anymore,
and if i roll back to 15.X it works here is the error i get
My (or the guy) scenario is in attachement
Could you help thanks :)
Poli
Attachments
PoliScenario.zip
Here scenario
(263.59 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.X] Scenario do not work anymore

Post by orzelek »

This scenario is using RSO code in it by copy/paste. Since mod works without problems my guess would be that it has been somehow modified or contains obsolete version of code.
I do hope that there is an information attached to scenario that it uses RSO and description of changes made to it to comply with mod license.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.X] Scenario do not work anymore

Post by Rseding91 »

The scenario script is calling math.random() and not using the result - which is a pointless operation because calling it doesn't do anything if you don't use the result.

I changed the mod API so in 0.16 and later specific API functions that are only useful if you use the return result will error if the game detects that the result is going unused.

Like calling surface.find_entities_filtered() and then doing nothing with the found entities - it's dead code.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”