0.9.8 - 0.10.9 x64 Slowdown due to "flip" ?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jazha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.9.8 - 0.10.9 x64 Slowdown due to "flip" ?

Post by jazha »

I have an ongoing issue that I cannot seem to find a fix for.

I can play for 5-10 minutes before my game suddenly slows to a crawl, with a huge fps drop.

The only thing I notice is that I can make the game go back to normal speed by pressing F5 to get the debug info onscreen.
I have noticed everytime the game crawls one of the values namely "flip" will be up in the 30s, maybe 40s. Soon after the debug info
is activated the value lowers to around 5 (I think).

Bringing the debug info fixes the slowdown for me, everytime.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the many hours of fun I have already had with the game :)

*Some extra info, I see me writing the title like that can be misinterpreted as if the problem started with 0.9.8 , it is not the start version(I guess) its just the version I started playing on.
Last edited by jazha on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.9.8 - 0.10.9 x64 Slowdown due to "flip" ?

Post by n9103 »

Not as detailed a report, but also running the x64 version, and have noticed F5 will remove an intermittent lag that occurs.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: 0.9.8 - 0.10.9 x64 Slowdown due to "flip" ?

Post by cube »

Return to “Technical Help”