[16.12] Left click not responding in inventory

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

[16.12] Left click not responding in inventory

Post by BlueMarkers »

I recently updated to 0.16.7 and am encountering a problem with left click that I had when I first loaded the game (back in 15 sometime).

The left click seems to work fine for all things except inventory. When I click on an item in inventory, it will either not register (I hear the "click" sound and see the item flash, but nothing is picked up), or sometimes it will actually select the item to the left of the item I intended to pick up. Right click works fine, and then left click works to pick up a stack once I have a half stack, but I can't put it down with left click. Also, shift-left click works no problem to move from one container to another.

This issue existed for my first hour or so of playing and then magically disappeared. Then recently I've been away for about a week, came back and upgraded to 16.7 (from 16.6), and suddenly it's back. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, downgrading the version (to both 16.6 and 15.X), and nothing seems to work. This occurs on both new games and existing saves where I am certain the issue did not occur before as of last week. No mods are being used.

Any help?

New thing I noticed, it seems like each click is creating two units, so maybe this is causing a double click for every click?
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
factorio-current.log
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.12] Left click not responding in inventory

Post by BlueMarkers »

Wanted to updated to say that this is not a hardware issue. I completely replaced my mouse with a brand new mouse and it is still occurring.

As of 16.12 (as of Jan 2nd), this has not been resolved.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.12] Left click not responding in inventory

Post by BlueMarkers »

Adding in a video showing the problem:

https://i.imgur.com/alAw80l.gifv

You can see a few details in this GIF. First, when I click on the iron nothing happens (the item flashes). As I continue to click on it, I finally select the copper (to the right). Additionally, when I click with either the right or left mouse button it produces double of what I expect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Technical Help”