can't generate a world

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
thereareonly2genders
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

can't generate a world

Post by thereareonly2genders »

so whenever i try to generate a world, the game tells me "source directory */Factorio/data/base/scenarios/freeplay/locale/ga-iE does not exist or is not a directory", i checked the file path, and i can't interact with the folder, i think it doesn't exists(i can view it, but even as an administrator i can't open it, I have another folder that can be viewed but not deleted because it doesnt exist, but that folder doesn't relate with the game)
* the folder is under steamapps/common.
the only word i created was a modded one, using seablock

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: can't generate a world

Post by posila »

thereareonly2genders wrote:i can view it, but even as an administrator i can't open it, I have another folder that can be viewed but not deleted because it doesnt exist, but that folder doesn't relate with the game
In that case your installation got corrupted somehow on your drive.

Try to run Scan disk (or Check disk) on that drive and afterward try to delete the folder. If deletion is sucessfull, open Factorio properies in Steam Library and run game file verification. If you still can't delete the folder, try to rename scenario folder (freeplay) to something else - "freeplay-corrupted" for example and then try to run verification of the game files.

liTeWave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: can't generate a world

Post by liTeWave »

I had the same issue after updating from 0.15. Uninstalling Factorio did not fix it as the empty/locked folders persisted. Finally had to change user account to computer owner (my account was a second admin account), then still could not delete directory but had to delete subfolders one by one (so for example I had to manually delete /Factorio/data/base/scenarios/freeplay/locale/ga-iE, then /Factorio/data/base/scenarios/freeplay/locale/, etc - the entire tree) until I could delete the factorio directory itself. Then reinstalled factorio.

Return to “Technical Help”