I somehow lost most of my blueprints?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sniderthanyou
Inserter
Inserter

I somehow lost most of my blueprints?

Post by sniderthanyou »

Hi! I accidentally saved over my megabase a while ago, so I decided to take a break from Factorio. Now that 0.16 is released, I'm ready to come back. I have NOT yet upgraded to 0.16, by the way; I'm still on 0.15.40. Unfortunately, most of my blueprints are gone. I thought that when I added blueprints and books to the right panel of the blueprints dialog, that they were basically preserved forever, account wide, through the steam cloud, etc. Maybe my understanding of the blueprint library is flawed? What sort of things could cause those blueprints to be lost? I'd like to know how to prevent this from happening again, or if I need to back up my blueprints outside of the in-game blueprint library.

Thanks,

Erik

Sakari119
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: I somehow lost most of my blueprints?

Post by Sakari119 »

im having the sames isses

sniderthanyou
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sniderthanyou »

I see that this was moved to the Technical Help forum. I'm not really looking for help fixing it, since I doubt that's possible. Instead, I was hoping for an explanation of how the Blueprint library is supposed to work, how much of it is backed up to the steam cloud, and how much of it is linked only with my save file, to make sure I'm not making any false assumptions going forward. Is this system well-documented? I can't find any articles that go into the detail I'm hoping for.

Thanks,

Erik

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

have you folks tried playing 0.15 again? are your blueprints there?
i don't know anything about steam cloud for Factorio. my saves get pretty large so i disable it.

Return to “Technical Help”