[0.16.0] Factorio binary not executable on Centos 7.4, incompatible glibc version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nosammai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.0] Factorio binary not executable on Centos 7.4, incompatible glibc version

Post by nosammai »

I run my headless server on Centos 7.4, and after updating to 0.16 I'm unable to run the factorio binary as it seems the version of glibc that the binary was compiled with has changed. As far as I know the latest supported version of glibc for el7 is 2.17. Is support for Centos 7 deprecated with factorio 0.16?

Code: Select all

./factorio: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by ./factorio)

cizzop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.0] Factorio binary not executable on Centos 7.4, incompatible glibc version

Post by cizzop »

I also have this same issue in Centos 7. Hoping for a fix.

nosammai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.0] Factorio binary not executable on Centos 7.4, incompatible glibc version

Post by nosammai »

For anyone else encountering this issue, you can run this (alpine based) docker container on your CentOS server if you don't want to change distros:

https://hub.docker.com/r/dtandersen/factorio/

Return to “Technical Help”