Corrupted save file of 110+ hour game save

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Corrupted save file of 110+ hour game save

Post by Leosmellsgood »

Opening zip C:/Users/leosm/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/saves/Pre 16.zip failed: Bad zip file
Also says invalid or corrupt file and prompts me to delete the save. This is my biggest save and probably in the top 1% of factories out there. It has 150M iron plate produced and up to 10Gw power consumption. I dont want to abandon this save :( When I try to extract the files I get the error message "C:\Users\leosm\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\Pre 16.zip: The archive is corrupt". Any help is appreciated. :|

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Corrupted save file of 110+ hour game save

Post by Jap2.0 »

I'd post it (save, log, wahtever else) in bug reports. The devs are often wuite good at fixing corrupted saves (in most cases, unless something really bad happens). It would also help if they knew what could have caused it.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Corrupted save file of 110+ hour game save

Post by Leosmellsgood »

I tried extracting the save to post but I couldnt because of the corruption, Ive never done it (posted my save) before so maybe Im just doing it wrong
EDIT: Nevermind I'm silly :)

Return to “Technical Help”