FPS issues lately

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

FPS issues lately

Post by Rylant »

Hey all,

So lately I have been experiencing intermittent FPS issues. For as long as I have owned the game, I have always been at 60 FPS regularly. In the last 2 or 3 days, Every 10 minutes or so, my frame rate drops to 30-40 FPS. Interestingly, I have found that if I save the game, it immediately returns to 60 FPS for the next 10 min or so, until it drops the next time. I am guessing that makes it potentially a memory issue? I don't think it is my computer; i7 6700k, not overclocked, 32 GB RAM, 1080 ti played on an Acer Predator X34 and I do not play in windowed mode. I am playing the latest version of the game 0.15.37 win 64, installed with Steam. I have quite a few mods, but I have found that when I disable them all, the problem still occurs, which leads me to think that is not the issue.

A couple of days ago, I did install the large windows update and also updated my video driver, so I am thinking that this could be related to that. Thoughts? I realize that this may not be enough information.

Thanks,
Rylant

Rylant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: FPS issues lately

Post by Rylant »

Loewchen wrote:52433, 51319
OK I am willing to submit these reports and logs, but this link suggests that because the game I play is modded, it won't be looked into. Is that right, or did I misunderstand it? Are you suggesting I should submit these logs so it can be looked into? Or that I shouldn't because I mod my game?

Thanks,
Rylant

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

The devs probably won't spend much time investigating performance problems caused by a modded game. There are some mods that are known to cause performance issues, but many don't have a noticeable performance impact.

The requested screenshots and logs will help people diagnose your problems. Without them no-one can really do anything but provide generic comments/advice.

Edit: I read that link as saying to please not submit bug reports for modded games (except in certain specified circumstances). It doesn't say that you can't ask for help diagnosing performance problems in the tech support sub-forum.
Only report performance bugs for modded games if you believe the slowdown is caused by our mod API or if it's strictly a modding related performance problem.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Disable hard drive sleep/power saving and see what happens--for whatever version of windows you're running, google that and something to the tune of "disable hard drive sleep". It doesn't seem like that problem, but the 10-minute interval is what makes me think of that irritating, vestigial functionality. You're not saving any noticeable amount of power having it on anyway.

Return to “Technical Help”