Error opening my Saves

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Error opening my Saves

Post by Hogweed »

Hi team!

Been loving this game since not long it was released! I have a weird error. I have been playing the last few months, and had added a number of mods. I stopped playing for a week or so, then i came back to play, and when I went to load a save, a box pops up that reads:

create_directories
"C:/***local directory***/Factorio_0.1534/temp/currently-playing" failed: operation not permitted.

from what I have read, it seems you think this could be a space issue, or folder rights issue, but everything seems fine, and I have not changed anything, so i cant image what happened. If you have any insight - I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: - it happens with all the other files as well, so maybe it is a location issue.. Double checking. Also - the temp folder is locked, cant open it or do anything.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Error opening my Saves

Post by posila »

Hogweed wrote:Edit: - it happens with all the other files as well, so maybe it is a location issue.. Double checking. Also - the temp folder is locked, cant open it or do anything.
Hi, reboot your computer and then try to delete the temp folder.

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Error opening my Saves

Post by Hogweed »

Hey Posila,

Yea, a simple reboot solved it - I didnt have to delete the temp folder!!

Return to “Technical Help”