[0.15.36] Failed to determine external IP address.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nascat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.36] Failed to determine external IP address.

Post by nascat »

I just started to get the error "Failed to determine external IP address" and now my friend cannot connect to my game anymore. I asked him to try to connect via IP using both my IPv4 and IPv6 addresses but neither worked. We even tried to connect via steam join friend and that also did not work.
This just started happening today and we played last on 10/9. I have steam set up to the latest experimental. None of my mods have updated in 2 weeks.

I tried downgrading to 0.15.35 and still have the same error, if I go lower to the latest stable (0.15.34) my save file will not load.

I did not have my port being forwarded before but it is now, and I still get the error. I even restarted my pc to no avail.

I have attached my logs.

I noticed that under the log line that displays the warning.

Code: Select all

39.963 Warning ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:564: Determining own address has failed. Best guess: 76.169.125.77:34197
The best guess is actually my external ip when I check via websites, although google only gives me my IPv6 address.

Not sure what to do now, I think the issue is with the recent update to 0.15.36 as the only other change to my pc was re-installing Uplay, and it is not currently running. I asked my friend to try hosting and he is getting the same error.

If you need anything else from me or can help me figure out what the issue is just let me know!
Attachments
factorio-log-ip-fail.txt
Factorio log trying to host game get external ip error.
(19.5 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

Vadz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.36] Failed to determine external IP address.

Post by Vadz »

Same exact problem here, just started with 0.15.36

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like an issue with one of the pingpong server, you should still be able to to directly connect if you know the servers address, beyond that you will have to wait for it to get fixed. I doubt rolling back to .34 is a workaround.

nascat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nascat »

Loewchen wrote:Looks like an issue with one of the pingpong server, you should still be able to to directly connect if you know the servers address, beyond that you will have to wait for it to get fixed. I doubt rolling back to .34 is a workaround.
We have both tried to connect to each other via ip and still no luck.

vuuke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vuuke »

I have the same issue I think... don't know what to do! :o
log

nascat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nascat »

Checked twitter this morning to see if anything was mentioned and it was, as well as someone claiming it was fixed. I opened the game today to notice that I must log in now when opening a server (never had to do that before) but I do not get the failed to determine ip address warning! I will test with my friend later tonight or tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/factoriogame/status ... 2548356096

Return to “Technical Help”