Can't join any multiplayer game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Lord_Farquaad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't join any multiplayer game

Post by Lord_Farquaad »

Whenever I try and join a public game, the message ''couldn't establish network communication with server'' comes up after about a second of the 'connecting' bar. This happens with any public game. It also says ''Can't reach'' next to the ping
I have added factorio to the firewall options and allowed incoming connections, and the problem is still there. I have even tried turning off the firewall completely, and it doesn't work. factorio and steam are both up to date. This problem didn't happen last time i played the game about a month ago

Natureboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Can't join any multiplayer game

Post by Natureboy »

same problem here, you can delete my thread and answer here :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

viewtopic.php?p=312757#p312757
Should be OK now, can you restart the server, and tell us if the issue persists ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

exces6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by exces6 »

I'm still having this issue with hosting my own game, despite restarting my computer and router, as well as changing my DMZ settings. I can't connect to my friend's multiplayer game, and they can't connect to mine, but we can both get into several public games.

Return to “Technical Help”