Game Causes DirectX Crash Referencing RivaTuner

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
carnivoris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Game Causes DirectX Crash Referencing RivaTuner

Post by carnivoris »

If I try to launch the game, I get a window saying DirectX crashed due to RivaTuner Statistics Server interfering with Direct3D 9. It suggests turning off or uninstalling Rivatuner to fix the problem. The issue is that I don't have RivaTuner installed and there are no processes running that are obviously related to RivaTuner. I've tried verifying files in Steam and it successfully verified. I've attached the log. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.39 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game Causes DirectX Crash Referencing RivaTuner

Post by posila »

Hi, in the latest experimental release I added detection of an issue caused by old version of RTSS, but I did it wrong and now the game blames even unrelated crashes onto RTSS.

Anyway, the crash is related to DirectX and rebooting computer usually fixes it, we have not been able to figure out what's wrong and how to workaround it.
If reboot doesn't fix it, setting launch option --force-opengl should make the game work for you.

carnivoris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Game Causes DirectX Crash Referencing RivaTuner

Post by carnivoris »

Setting --force-opengl fixed it. Reboot didn't help, though, if that's useful info in any way. Thanks, though! It's working now

Return to “Technical Help”