Ingame update download slow

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jackd23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ingame update download slow

Post by jackd23 »

Hi,

I couldn't find anything from a quick search on the forums and google, results were mostly related to multiplayer map download speed 3 or so major versions ago.

Ever since I started poking my head into the non-steam experimental versions to keep things separate, starting at 0.15.0, I've noticed that the in-game updates download is crawling along at about 50 kb/s every single time. I haven't seen an update that was any faster.

Today I considered a new modded map, I still kept it separate from the vanilla Steam version, but I had to update from 0.15.31 to 0.15.34. And again the update download in-game was horrendously slow. After 10 or so minutes, I ended up downloading the full game from the website in under 2 minutes.

Why is it so slow from within the game, do you intend to fix it, and what can I do to help if necessary?

Best regards

(Oh well, can't connected to the mod portal either right now..>)
Doctor, doctor, I have a condition, it's TRUE!

jackd23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Ingame update download slow

Post by jackd23 »

Yeah! Just what I wanted to hear from the devs, Nothing at all. :P

I know you can do better than that, or at least somebody point me to the obvious thing I missed.
Doctor, doctor, I have a condition, it's TRUE!

Return to “Technical Help”