reaching my graphic memory limit

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nosfereefer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

reaching my graphic memory limit

Post by nosfereefer »

So I've had a game running for well over 100 hours and created a veritable cancer upon the doomed world I've arrived on. At some point I had to enable low graphics mode due to me running out of graphical memory, and now this is no longer sufficient. Wasn't there some kind of experimental extra-low-graphics mode that could be activated somehow?

nosfereefer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: reaching my graphic memory limit

Post by nosfereefer »

please, the factory calls to me in my dreams. it begs me to feed it. to make it grow larger. ïa

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Have you updated to newer version recently or added new mod. If not you shouldn't be running out of graphical memory just all of a suddon. So I recomend you try next thing first: Restart your computer:
While it is verry rare it is posible for some application to actually generate graphical memory leak. Restarting your computer will clean it.
Also if you are running Factorio on some laptop with integrated graphics card it is quite posible that your system is running out of memory (RAM) and thus reducing the amout of shared memory available for graphics card (many integrated graphics cards don't have their own graphical memory but use RAM instead).
Some time ago I have seen report of another user of suffering slowdowns which were caused by the fact that Factorio wasn't storing its graphical resources in Dedicated Graphical Memory (integrated video memory on graphical card) but in Shared Video Memory (part of RAM made available to graphics card in order to increase its memory capacity). The reason why this happened wasn't discovered but restarting of computer did fix the problem.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Also a possible fix: There were path finding leaks for biters in older versions, all this excess stored path finding information would eat lots of memory.
You should be running at least version 0.10.3 I think, where they fixed these memory leaks. avoid 0.10.4 due to crippling bugs with the logistic drones, and use 0.10.6(current latest) if possible, and see if that helps.
Though keep in mind today is friday, there might be a 0.10.7 in a few hours.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Technical Help”