[Solved] Cannot save the game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
iTzJust4Fun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Solved] Cannot save the game

Post by iTzJust4Fun »

i need help, i cant play the game, bought it yesterday installed it, and tried to play today,
when i started playing after a few minutes the game froze, and then displayed
Opening package
C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\factorio\saves\_autosave2tmp.zip for writting failed
i assume this was the auto save feature, so then i tried to manualy save the game, to my suprise it also displayed the same message but with the name i chose
(Opening package
C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\factorio\saves\12345.tmp.zip for writting failed)
so has anyone had this issue and resolved it?, i really want to play the game but i dont want to start a new game every time i start the game D:
things i have tried:
new install of the game
changed installation folder to C:\ instead of D:\
deleted the factorio folder in appdata
by the way i have not used any mods.
please help.

EDIT:
just solved it thanks to this
https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_d ... _directory
and by moving my game install directory to my C:\ drive instead of my D:\ drive where i usually store my games

what i did was change the user data directory so default values where this:
[path]
read-data=__PATH__system-read-data__
write-data=__PATH__system-write-data__
this is what i set them to:
[path]
read-data=__PATH___executable__/../../data
write-data=.factorio
now i can play and save :D hope this helps anyone with the same error! :D
Last edited by Koub on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added solved tag

blackbat
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Cannot save the game

Post by blackbat »

Have you tried the self-contained zip version of the game? Click here (you need to login to the factorio site) and select the "MS Windows (64 bit zip package)" option.

iTzJust4Fun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Cannot save the game

Post by iTzJust4Fun »

blackbat wrote:Have you tried the self-contained zip version of the game? Click here (you need to login to the factorio site) and select the "MS Windows (64 bit zip package)" option.
i was in the middle of updating the post, i already fixed it, and yes i did try that version of the game still that did not solve my issue
i will update OP to what i did to solve it, hoping that it will help anyone with the same problem.
thanks anyway :D

Return to “Technical Help”